Monday, January 30, 2017

Auvergne spring paradise

 At this time of the year there's only one place in France that I want to visit and that is much souther than where I live at the moment. My favorite region is Auvergne. The spring there starts as early as February and it is an absolute spring heaven of cherry trees peach trees and almond trees blossoming everywhere. Every garden there is a piece of art. Yes the spring comes early to Auvergne. As early as the end of February!



It is a very sunny region  built around a volcano and the mountains in the distance shelter the main city Clermont-Ferrand from the wind. It is greener than any other region I've seen and a paradise of singing birds and blossoming roses everywhere.




 One of my favorite restaurants in the city is Bougnat Burger where they make deliciouss bio burgers with the meat and cheese from that region. Burgers with Sant Nectaire cheese or bleu d'Auvergne are my favorite. The most tasty burgers ever!




This region is full of fruit trees everywhere( I've never seen so many cherry trees in my whole life) and is one of the sunniest regions in France. Plus the fact that you can have tons of cherries and almonds in your back yard is just so amazing! They are literally growing everywhere.


 Clermont-Ferrand is a beautiful city with a view of the volcanos the closest one just outside of the city called Puy de Dome. I have spent one year living here and loved it so much I want to go back. It has one of the driest climates in France and the sun there just makes me feel so positive about everything.Also having flowers blossoming everywhere makes you just feel happier!




No comments:

Post a Comment