Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Nevers and Birthdays

 I've spent the last couple of days in a town called Nevers and I really enjoyed it. I had to come here more for business than pleasure but it was so worth it. It was so good to change the frozen north for the sunnier and a bit warmer south well at least what feels to me like the south.I have missed this light. The sun is just so different here...


 I have browsed around little shops and wondered around the old empty streets of this pretty French town and I found many little jewels. The main cathedral was one of them. Walking by the river Loire with the beautiful sunrises was one of my favorite things to do. The southern sun just felt so good. I think my body doesn't even remember the sun anymore after these grim grey wintery days that we've been having up north.


































Today was also my birthday so a lunch in a cute little Japanese restaurant called Yuriko was in place. They had a deliciouss selection of all kinds of sushi and amazing desserts. I had a great day thanks to my family and some friends who remembered. I got many beautiful presents which I'll share with you later.

 Although I've been enjoying the weather here so much it's now time to go home. Now a five hour drive back home and I'm already planning a trip to Besançon and Strasbourg next week. Have a good night lovelies!


No comments:

Post a Comment