Thursday, June 1, 2017

Quimper and the island of Ouessant

 My favourite thing is the traditional Breton architecture in and around the city of Quimper. It is my favorite city in Brittany with it's cute coffee shops and beautiful beaches around. We also visited Pont-Aven and it was magical. It's famous for Pont-Aven school with Paul Gauguin and Émile Bernard.





























A view of Quimper from the park.



























After that we went to a small harbour called Le Conquet where we took a boat to the island Ouessant.
It was a 2 hour boat ride. I was quite sea sick but it was worth to see the island which is the westernmost point of France. Places like these make me happy because the connection with the nature is so strong here. I feel reenergised much more than after a trip to a big city.






No comments:

Post a Comment