Friday, August 31, 2018

A week of travelling

Recently I've met with some friends and I was able to do a hike I've wanted to do for a while. It's a great way to think while you're walking up the mountain and talk if you have some good friends to hike with. I forgot how much I loved it, just go and look at the nature and not worry about anything, no noise of the city or any sign of people. We hiked to the nearest top here the Hohneck.




      After that I had to spend couple of days in Strasbourg. It's always a pleasure to spend time there.
I don't know many French cities that have such a festive atmosphere. Strasbourg is especially beautiful before Christmas. This year I got to enjoy it in a warm weather , which was also nice because most of my memories from this city are from the winter.



Walking through the streets of Strasbourg I could not help myself but feel a little bit like I'm in Germany as it's so close to German architecture. I love the tram and the whole set up of the city. It feels beautiful but practical. I even had time for some sushi and Starbucks which is not so usual now being a mom of a three year old.


 Yes she is there :) , Statue de La Liberte, precisely in Colmar as the sculptor Auguste Bartholdi was a Colmar native. I snapped the picture just quickly as we drove by on the way to Strasbourg.


No comments:

Post a Comment