Sunday, April 2, 2017

Sundays are for resting


Sundays are always my special days for relaxing and doing nothing. It's easy in France because the French take the Sunday's rest very serioussly and you won't find any shops or supermarkets open except the small food shops and even those open only until noon. That's why the Sunday afternoon in France is like a different world. The streets are quiet and empty and everybody's at home eating their home cooked lunch. When I first moved to France I found this a bit odd and I couldn't get used to the fact that I could't buy anything on Sundays. Especially after living for so long in London where all the shops are open all the time, even on Sundays! Now I've gotten used to it and I even enjoy it. I enjoy the peace and quiet and the fact that all the people can enjoy their Sunday afternoon with their family. French employees are particulary grumpy,  so if this makes them happier and maybe makes them even smile (which is rare haha)  then i'm all for it.




If you are thinking about going to a coffee shop on Sunday too bad as well, all closed. I am still getting used to the fact that you can't go to a restaurant in France and eat whenever you want. French restaurants are open only at certain times and if you are hungry at the wrong time too bad for you. As I learnt though, the French people never get hungry at the wrong time.


I  enjoy preparing the lunch on Sunday and having a peaceful family time. One of my little traditions on  Sundays is having a big home made breakfast like french toast or pancakes. In the afternoon I usually do some baking. I sometimes make a strudel with apples and cinnamon or poppy seeds or pain au chocolat. Then of course we have to go for a looong walk to burn all the calories haha.Have a beautiful spring Sunday my friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment